This Andalusian inspired soup is super simple to make and perfect for lunch or dinner, served with plenty of bread.
150g of Ground Almonds
2 Small Potatoes
1 Small White Onion
1 Litre of Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Pinch of Sea Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper (Optional)
Cream or Oat milk (Optional)
35 mins to cook | Vegetarian
1. Chop the onion and leek to a similar size.
2. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pot along with leek, onion, a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Sauté on low flame while occasionally stirring. Make sure to cook on low flame so that it doesn't turn brown or burn.
3. After the onion and leek has cooked (onion will look transparent) add the ground almonds and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Chop the potatoes into small pieces.
5. Add vegetable broth and potatoes. Continue cooking on a low flame for about 30 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
6. Remove soup from flame and puree.
7. If you prefer the soup creamier, then try adding ½ to 1 cup of cream or oat milk to your desired taste and texture.
8. The soup is ready to garnish and serve, Enjoy!