French Vinaigrette Dressing
French Vinaigrette is a classic. No need to go to France, when you can easily make this recipe at home. The fantastic thing about this dressing is that it is long lasting and literally takes minutes to make.
- Garlic clove
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Shallots
- 1/4 Cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, shallots, vinegar, sea salt and pepper.
Next mix in the mustard, and slowly add the oil while whisking constantly until the dressing is smoothly combined.
Remove the garlic and ready to use.
Vinaigrette should last several days in a air tight container.
« Back to Journal